- November 5 to December 14, 2018
Executive Master Data Science for Finance
The Postgraduate Program in Data Science for Finance is an highly innovative quantitative orientated one year program geared towards technically-minded graduates wanting a deeper, more analytical study of finance, risk management and financial engineering topics. The Casablanca Edition is in partnership with Paris-Dauphine and Dauphine Casablanca (Paris-Dauphine council approval pending).
The Program is designed to prepare students for successful careers in asset management, financial engineering and risk management in the financial sector (financial markets, financial institutions, regulators and supervisors) using technologies and methodologies of last generation. People interested in having a professional experience and a degree from Universities with a highly quantitative subject such as economics, mathematics, statistics, engineering, computation, science or management pursuing a successful career in finance are the main target of this program.
Classes will be held in Casablanca, Morocco, and start in first quarter 2019, running preferentially on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The Program lasts 3 quarters in a total of 300 contact hours and run in after working hours schedule.
The tuition fee is 85 000 MAD (circa € 7850).
For the 2019 intake, the Study Plan consists of 14 course units, that will be taught in French and in English:
- Algorithmic Trading & Market Microstructure
- Financial Derivatives
- Asset Pricing & Portfolio Theory
- Big Data for Finance
- Computational Finance (Python and R)
- Data Mining
- Ethics and Standards in Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Fintech & InsurTech
- Fixed Income Securities
- Machine Learning in Finance
- Risk Management
- Text Mining
- Tools for managing big data (Hadoop)
To earn the Postgraduate diploma, jointly co-organized by NOVA IMS - Universidade Nova de Lisboa and Université Paris-Dauphine, it is required to complete 300 hours (60 ECTS credits), corresponding to 14 course units.
The Admissions' Jury Panel of NOVA IMS and Paris-Dauphine is looking for excellent students who have the potential to become good technical staff and excellent managers. Qualities such as maturity, determination and motivation, both in the academic path as well in a professional career, are some of the attributes that the Jury Panel is looking for.
The enter this program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in a compatible field;
- Be proficient in English (spoken and written).
The selection process is based on the analysis of academic and professional curriculum. The members of the Admissions' Jury Panel may decide to hold an interview with all or some candidates (face-to-face or videoconference).
To complete the application:
- Please gather the following documents
- please send all your documents to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter;
- Passport or ID card;
- ID/passport type photos;
- Copies of graduation diplomas and translations;
- A registration fee;
- A copy of your Moroccan or European health insurance card (if you're an EU citizen);
- English language certificate;
- Copies of diplomas (if not available, a certificate stating that you graduated).